Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Let's picture the miniature angel-me and devil-me

So, everyone at college seems really cool. Friendly, well-spoken, etc. (The father has designated most of them as "kids he would hire," an expression that annoys me to no end.)

But anyway. The hopeful part of me wants to believe that everyone can GET OVER high school clique Mean-Girls-ness and just be cool. The cynical part of me, having observed high-school-like behavior in "adults" WELL out of college believes that this is a temporary period of openness for everyone to establish the social structure and that it will come to an abrupt end.

We'll see. Or we could let the hovering angel and devil over my shoulder duke it out.

(Except I think the devil-girl is going to win because she has kickass boots.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on a slightly unrelated note, i miss learning fighting from you.