Thursday, March 06, 2008

Possibly even worth $400 an hour

"Is cooptation a word? Yes? No? Dammit, not again. I'll be standing up here [in front of the class], say something and think 'oh my God that's not a word.' So then I look around and if no one reacts, I just keep going. But sometimes, everyone stares back at me like 'what the hell? You just made up a word.' And I cringe, internally. And, ok, probably externally. Like that lovely speech I gave yesterday when I mixed up 'interdependence' and 'independence' approximately eleven thousand times. The English language is not fair."

5 comments:

Sazarini said...

was this in lecture or in office hours?? BUT good shoes = bonus!! :D

me said...

OH this was in class. Yup :D

said...

haha, does everyone else like her too? it would be sad if they didn't

me said...

^ I have to write a post about that, except first I have to write several other posts on other topics because this blog has turned sort of obsessive lately.

*shame*

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.